Monday, June 22, 2009

First Post (Thanks to Melissa) ;)

Well, I have had this blog for over a year now and have yet to post anything. Melissa told me today that I absolutely had to, so here it goes. The very first one will be some random facts about me. I have it posted on my facebook page, but it will be good to have it on here as well.

1. My favorite book is Little Women. Jo is my hero. haha

2. I am an RN and I just got a job working at the GI Lab at Logan Regional. I think I am gonna love being a nurse. Eventually, I want to work in the ER and ultimately become a Life Flight nurse. I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie.

3. I really really want to join the Air Force. I think it would be an incredible experience. I nearly joined once, but it didn't feel like the right thing to do. I am hoping that at some point it will.

4. I have visited seven different countries. Norway, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, China, Canada, and Mexico. I think my favorite one was Norway, but China was an amazing experience as well. The food was....interesting. Eel, gelled pigs blood, whole fish, probably dog...and mystery things I don't wanna know about. :)

5. When I was little I wanted to be a marine biologist. I could name just about every sea creature imaginable. I am still fascinated by sharks and one of my dreams is to scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef.

6. I am always up for an adventure and love trying new and crazy things. Skydiving is next on my list of things to try.

7. I love sports!! In high school I played soccer, basketball, and ran track. The 200m race was my absolute favorite. Since then, I have taken up rockclimbing (which I love), running marathons (which I hate), and triathlons (which I wish I was better at). I like to push myself to new limits and see what I can accomplish.

8. I HATE it when people chew with their mouth open or make loud smacking noises. It drives me up the wall.

9. I am one of the biggest bookworms I know. I read voraciously and I take a book with me almost everywhere I go. When I was little, I would get into trouble because I would stay up way past my bedtime reading and try to hide the book under the covers.

10. I love a good hard days work. One of my very favorite jobs was working with the Utah Conservation Corps because I love manual labor. At the end of the day I liked to be able to see that I had accomplished something. Plus, it was an outdoor job in the beautiful wilderness, my office was a mountain. It doesn't get any better than that.

11. I loathe tomatoes. No food on earth is worse than a fresh tomato. Even all the crazy things from China were better. I got made fun of because we ate squid one day and the top was stuffed with tomatoes. I ate the squid and picked out all the tomatoes.

12. I love country music and Reba McEntire will always be my favorite. Some of my best memories are roadtrippin' it with my mom to go see Reba.

13. I have learned to hide it well, but I generally have a pretty low self-esteem.

14. Rain is one of my favorite types of weather. It doesn't rain nearly enough here. I inherited my mom's love of Seattle and I would love to live in Washington.

15. The only bones I have ever broken have been in my face. I broke my jaw once and my nose twice. Eating soft foods gets old fast.

16. I love camping, hiking, backpacking, rockclimbing, and basically anything that can be done in the great outdoors. I would love to live in a cabin out in the middle of nowhere.

17. My favorite TV show is Gilmore Girls. It is stinking funny and I wish I was as witty as Lorelai. My roommates have also recently gotten me addicted to Alias. If I could be anyone, it would definitely be Sydney Bristow!

18. In high school, I was in Madrigals. Mr. P let me in without even trying out. ( I have no musical ability. The story behind it is amusing.) Even though I can't sing, I loved it and actually miss singing in a choir.

19. I have always wished that I could play the guitar.

20. Whenever I get really mad or upset I tend to do one of three things: Go shoot hoops by myself, go on a deep-cleaning streak, or sprint my guts out.

21. I competed in the state drama competition. I thought for sure I would never get past Region, but Brianna pulled us through.

22. When I was little I was pretty shy and to this day I am still really introverted. The bigger the group, the more quiet I get. *This appears to contradict #21, but I actually took a drama class to help me be a little more outgoing.

23. 23 was my soccer number.

24. I wish I was as tough and amazing as my mom. People say we are a lot alike and I love it when I hear that. (Yeah, yeah, I know that sounds super cheesy, but it's true.) Her work ethic is incredible and when I "grow up" I want to be just like she is.

25. Yesterday in class my professor asked me what I would do if I had a billion dollars. In my mom's note she wrote: "I like to drive fast! If I had more money than I knew what to do with I would spend a lot of it on fast cars! I would also have a log cabin house with at least 5 acres of ground. I would have a gorgeous yard and a fun little tractor to ride around on and work on. I would live close to or by a lake so that I could swim and jet-ski." So first, I would make sure all that happened. Not only would she live by a lake, she would own it. Then, I would buy me a truck, a cabin, and all the outdoor gear I could imagine